ASR Pro: The #1 software for fixing Windows errors
If you know where to find the Windows Vista defragmenter on your system, we hope this user guide can help you. Click “Start” and then “System Controls”.Click System and Maintenance.Defragment the hard disk in the administration tools.If the User Account Control dialog box appears, click Next.When the Disk Defragmenter dialog box appears, click Defragment Now.
Disk Defragmenter Windows Vista can defragment your hard drive in several ways. In this tutorial, I’ll show you the best and simplest option.
How To Vigorously Defragment A Disk (Windows Vista)
Where is disk defragmentation located?
The main prize is the name of the defragmentation tool and its location. If you are using Windows 7, the Hard Drive Defragmenter tool can be found under Control Panel> System and Security> Administrative Approaches> Hard Drive Defragmenter.
- Click the Windows Start button in the lower left corner of the screen
- Enter the Start Search field just above the start character.
- Click on the search function at the top of the tab labeled Run.
- Enter dfrgui in the run window and click Next on all prompts.
- The console should open Disk fragmentation.
- Click the Defragment Now … button.
- Check this box (select all hard drives) to validate the form.
- Click OK.
- Windows will perform a complete defragmentation of all disks.
- This process can take some time, without exception from 1 to 3 hours.
- When finished, close the console.